- Singers should have autonomy in developing their technique.
- We should honor our professors and preserve the essence of what they taught, but we should have the freedom to change the method.
- The strength of our will is cultivated by patience, persistence and balance in our lives.
- We are not robots -- mechanical repetition alone doesn't serve us. We need body-mind awareness to develop our singing skills.
- Vocal technique isn't something we have. It's something we nurture. The moment you think you have it, you start to lose it.
There's only one YOU. Never try to sound like someone else.